Health Programme Technical Adviser
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Fixed Term, 6 Months
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The ideal person for this job is a candidate who is passionate about and skilled in Health programme design and delivery in a development context as well as capacity building to people. In this role, you will mainly be involved with leading the development of the health signature programme. In addition, you will provide technical support and advice to the Project leads for two existing maternal and neonatal health projects (Accelerated care and treatment Project -ACT) and Volunteers for International Cooperation and Empowerment Project - VOICE) related to project management as well effective project closure. You will also provide input into development and positioning towards new health proposals. If the job description suits you perfectly, and you are passionate about making a difference for marginalized mothers and children, you might be our next new colleague!
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Master’s degree in public health or otherwise Bachelor’s degree in the same areas with additional relevant courses or training.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of developing and delivering MNCH and ASRH health programmes;
• Proven experience of developing health programme strategies
• Extensive experience and knowledge of MNCH and ASRH health programming
• Proven record in providing technical advice and mentoring and coaching
• Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for programme management
• Able to develop multiple ideas to solve an issue or situation and take a swift decision, including in a high risk situation;
• Proven experience in financial management;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and experience of compiling donor reports.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
18 Dec 2017
to be confirmed
5th of February 2018
Click here to download the job description in PDF format