various districts, Rwanda
To be advised
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
• Accountable for project coordination in all Districts ensuring VSO/Donor are well represented
• Provide programmatic and management support across all locations
• Ensure successful implementation of TMR project while coordinating with other related VSO Rwanda projects.
• Ensure compliance with all security, fraud and VSO code of conduct principles
Collaborate with multi-disciplinary implementation and global support teams:
• Finance, to ensure VSO systems and processes support effective budget, financial, grant management and donor reporting in all districts.
• Technical team to ensure project quality assurance
• People team to ensure competency based safer recruitment practice, talent and performance management support the required capability to implement large and complex grants
• Legal to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and due diligence requirements
• Internal audit and risk to ensure VSO systems and processes support the identification, mitigation and management of risks across the project portfolio.
• Responsible for effective planning and coordination of all project activities across assigned districts.
• Ensure effective engagement of district officials and strategic partners in implementing similar programmes
• Responsible for documenting lessons learnt and reporting progress to primary actors, district local governments, LEGO partners and other relevant stakeholders.
• Provide inspiring leadership as a member of the country leadership team.
• Manage VSO performance contracts with the district and represent VSO in JADF activities.
• Be responsible for RGB reporting in line with reporting requirements in the province.
• Contribute to the timely execution of baselines, mid-term reviews and end-line evaluations
• Establish and maintain mutual partnerships with district local governments of assigned districts, LEGO partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Practical experience of working in development and a strong understanding and competence in steering quality and complex programmes/ projects in the field.
• University degree in the area of Project management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Education with at least 3 years of work experience.
• Minimum 3-year project management experience in similar edu-cation programmes, incl. financial and budget management
• Proof of successfully managing field-based programmes and adhering to project security, risk management and duty of care principles to the highest international standards.
• Understanding of social inclusion, social accountability and resilience principles.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to analyze, validate and take well informed decisions while under pressure.
• Proven leadership ability in creating and managing a high performing diverse team in a cross-cultural context
• Experience in working and leading partnerships and consortia
• Data and system management; IT literacy (Microsoft, finance, project management software, Salesforce system)
Practical experience within a volunteering INGO context and manag-ing a volunteer programme. Experience of working in a global or-ganization with matrix or multiple reporting lines.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply
This Position is open to Rwanda Citizens only.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Application closing date
08 Feb 2021
To be advised
To be advised
Click here to download the job description in PDF format