Project Implementation Lead
RWF 43,603,524 p.a
Fixed Term, 2 Years-Renewable
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
About Building Learning Foundations (BLF)
Building Learning Foundations (BLF) is a programme of the Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and Rwanda Education Board (REB) that is funded by the British High Commission-Kigali as part of its Learning For All programme in Rwanda.
The programme is focused on improving learning outcomes at P1 to P5 in English and Mathematics. This is intended to improve the pupils’ learning achievement in higher grades, thereby increasing equitable access to primary and secondary education in Rwanda.
The programme is built on three foundations to ensure long term, sustainable impact: Teacher development, leadership for learning and system strengthening. Each Foundation has a focus on inclusive education practices for pupils with Special Education Needs to ensure no child is left behind.
The Programme is implemented by a consortium of organizations; Education Development Trust (lead), British Council, and VSO in all 30 Districts of Rwanda.
BLF began in July 2017 and will run until September 2023.
The Project implementation Lead is responsible for strategic development, implementation and successful delivery of the Building Learning Foundations (BLF) Project in Rwanda in line with the donor (BHC/EDT) and VSO standards through our unique Volunteering for Development Approach in order to optimize and contribute to its vision of a fairer world for everyone.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
A result-driven individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and a successful track record of leadership at a senior level. A resilient leader who shares our values:
• Empower poor and marginalised people to take charge of their own development
• Share skills and knowledge to create long-lasting, sustainable change
• Build collaborative partnerships that promote innovation, growth and impact
• Lead volunteering for development, setting the standard for ourselves and others
• Use evidence and insight to guide our actions
• Recruit the right people and work where we have the greatest impact
• Stand beside and advocate for those who have been denied choice and opportunity
• Promote diversity and equality throughout our work
• Encourage different, inquisitive perspectives
• Commit to safeguarding and take a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm
• Treat others with respect, as equals
• Be open, transparent and accountable in everything we do
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Application closing date
15 Feb 2021
22nd February 2021
1st March 2021 or earlier
Click here to download the job description in PDF format